Forum rules - please read before posting.

Remembering the door I exit from when reentering a scene

Hi, 

Just another noob question, I have been creating different scenes for my game and just came across this main point of lack of knowledge from my side.

I click on a door hotspot to get out to a new scene and then when I click on the hotspot in the new scene to get back to the previous one even with a second player starting point which depends on the previous scene loaded, I start at the original starting point.

Therefore in a corridor of doors I keep respawning on the same door regardless the different starting points and variables.

I was trying to find a way on the menu to add several starting points on the scene manager, but it only accepts one by default.

I know there must be a way but I'm unable to figure it out.

Thanks for the help as usual :)

Comments

• So basically your character leaves your scene on the right and you want it in the next scene appear on the left?
    Can you create an actionlist that fires OnLoad and checks the scene number and then positions it accordingly?

• I need my character to re-enter the same scene from a different point and as there are 5 doors and 5 different scenes connected to this one and there is only 1 onload space in the scene manager, I'm havign problems figuring out how to do it on multiple.
  • I managed to figure it out, I made several starting point and placed an initial cut-scene that teleports the player on one of them depending on the previous scene entered, it now starts from the doors I need him to start from, thanks for the on load tip it helped a lot.
  • You don't need to do anything that complex: just create a new PlayerStart prefab for each doorway.  In the Inspector of a PlayerStart, you can enter in the name/number of the previous scene it's the exit for.

If no appropriate PlayerStart is found when entering a scene, or when running the game in that scene, the Default PlayerStart is used instead.