Forum rules - please read before posting.

Spine Integration

2»

Comments

• I'd also like to know if that Spine extension is still in development. It would really help with the decision to buy AC or not. :)

Just posting because I'm interested in this and hoping for news.
  • @Clownia: There is no official Spine integration, but a user-made one is available on the AC wiki.
  • edited March 2019

As the wiki script's Spine integration is now quite outdated (both for AC and Spine), I'm looking to update it.

To those looking to test progress, download the following 3 scripts:
    http://pasteall.org/1574689/csharp
    http://pasteall.org/1574691/csharp
    http://pasteall.org/1574692/csharp

You'll need to be using AC 1.67.0 or later to use it.

To be clear: this isn't an "official" integration, i.e. I don't have plans to include this in the official AC release, but would like to update the wiki page if feedback is positive.

To use: switch your character's Animation engine to Custom, and then set the Script name to AnimEngine_Spine. The Inspector will then have additional fields for Spine skeletons, but the principles are based on "Sprites Unity", i.e. the "Idle" walk uses "Idle_DR" for down-right etc.

Feedback is welcome.

• edited April 2019

Thank you for updating about spine.But I can't use this.

Please Explain how to apply the 3 scripts to me.
    AnimEngine_Spine.cs
    CharSpine.cs
    ???.cs
    Can I add it like this?

I only applied AnimEngine_Spine. This doesn't work.
    (I use Unity 2018.3.11f1 and AC v1.67.1)

• edited April 2019

You need to create all three scripts for it to work.

The third is named CompletionListener. Create all 3 scripts as C# scripts in your Assets folder, and paste the code into the relevant script file. Check the Console window for error messages - anything showing up after doing this?

• Oh! It works!
    Thank you!

• edited April 2019

hello @ChrisIceBox , the code for spine links are not working, could you reupload them again? i recently updated my AC and the spineEnigine i made for 1.63 is no longer working , thanks you so much

• Is not working for me, when i try to move i get an "animation not found" exception , but is not changing the skeletonData ,only faces the U direction (the default one) i already named every animation inside every skeleton data with the correspondant _Suffix , is there some special place to put the scripts? thank you

• The scripts shouldn't have to be anywhere in the scene - they'll get added automatically. You should only have to set the custom animation engine to "AnimEngine_Spine".

Let's see some screenshots, as well as the full text of the error message. Your Spine/AC version numbers too.

• Hi Chris, I just wanted to echo my wish for some support of spine 2D. It'll likely be early 2020 before getting to a point of importing production spine work into an AC project. I love AC and would love to have some support to combine spine with AC. Thanks for listening! Tom PS, I may have posted this elsewhere too, sorry.

• @tomtomterrific: I've already updated the integration page on the wiki to support newer versions of AC/Spine.

• Thank you Chris for the newer Spine 2D integration script on wiki, I'll take a look. Tom