Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character change rendering: cannot change scale to the right scale.

edited December 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

I can change the scale but only with integers, for my character I like to use floats, because it is really needed! My character needs to be 2.5 from time to time. How do I achieve this in AC? 

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Can you use Transform action for your needs?
    If I still remember this might work.
  • 2.5 as a percentage?  I'll concede that being an integer might be a limitation, but you're certain that your intended scale is 0.025?
  • Hi, my scale must be between 2 and 3 and indeed, an integer wouldn't let me...
  • @SkyTree I already tried that but thanks for your help :) (It wouldn't work)
  • (my character needs to be scale 3 in scene 2 but when he comes back to scene 1 he was 2.5, so I need the same 2.5 scalet)
  • I tried to write an Action for AC but it took me too long... so I just wrote a very simple script for demonstration purposes, how hard is this to get in Action? It should be very easy, I know.. it's just I almost never script anymore so I have to search everything again to be able to make that Action. But this is what I want to do in a normal AC action:

using UnityEngine;
    using System.Collections;

public class ScaleChar : MonoBehaviour {

public Transform player;
    public Vector3 Scale = new Vector3();
    public bool scaleplayer;

// Use this for initialization
    void Start () {
    }
    // Update is called once per frame
    void Update () {
    if(scaleplayer){

player.transform.localScale = Scale;

}
    }

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider other){
    if(player.transform.tag == "Player"){
    scaleplayer = true;
    Debug.Log("Hitted Player");

}

}

}

• You don't want to call it in an Update - instead, just lock the scale to a value:

player.lockScale = true;
    player.spriteScale = 0.025;

This code would be placed in an Action's Run() function, as covered here.
  • Thank you, I am making a 2.5D game though, With 2D backgrounds and 3D characters. So I need to scale my 3D character, not a sprite, does this work the same with 3D characters?
  • My intended scale is 2.5, not 0.025 btw. But I cant write dots in the change character render action.
  • From what I was asking you before, I thought you were after 2.5%.

If you're working with a 3D character, you just want to change the transform scale:

player.lockScale = true;
    player.transform.localScale = new Vector3 (2.5f, 2.5f, 2.5f);
  • Thanks Chris, it works as a custom AC action now.:)