Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using Asset Store scripts

Hi,  I have Playmaker, and of course Adventure creator.  There are scripts on the Asset store that I think would benefit me.  One is Click Sprite or something like that.. it makes neat particles appear when player clicks.  They have lots of neat particle effects on the Asset store. Well, can you use these scripts with Adventure Creator?  Playmaker will also call scripts.  Anyways.. that is what I am after now.. flashy particle effects when a click happens.  They have a lot of nice scripts, as you know.  I am just on the first part of the Adventure Creator Tutorial.  thank you for reading.

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @DavidX.

AC can work with other scripts and assets - but within reason, of course.  For example, if another asset controlled the cursor at the same time that AC doesn, then you'd have a conflict.  But AC will always let you add custom code whenever possible - in fact, the Scripting guide encourages this!

The Object: Send message and Object: Call event Actions are both included to call other scripts, and you can also build your own Actions if you want to integrate other scripts even further.  I don't know the ins and outs of the specific asset you're interested in, but I should think you'd be all right.
  • Thanks for the speedy reply.  The particle effects are really neat, as you may know.  There are ones for little explosions, highlights, and there are larger ones that simulate Fog, etc.  That's what I would like to do.

I am no coder..not at all.  Perhaps I could go to FiveRR.com and pay someone to fix the code.  It isn't urgent right now, I am just starting the tutorial.