Forum rules - please read before posting.

Suggestion: UV-Maps for 2D

Hi!
First of all, great tool!

And secondly, I'd like to suggest to add UV-Mapping for Sprites. This way, users can create hand-drawn adventures which offer a slight 3D-ish appearance. Or is it already possible to add UV-Maps to 2D-Sprites?

Would be nice :-)

Cheers
Jörg

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @onewolf, and thank you!

When it comes to integrating with 3rd-party assets, AC's approach is to provide users with the tools needed to write custom bridge scripts as needed.  In the case of characters, you can add your own custom animation engine script that you can then use as an option for all Players and NPCs.

Have a look in Section 12.5 of the Manual.  You can also see the Scripting Guide's reference to the Character script, to see what variables and functions are available to you.  The existing animation engine scripts, located in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Animation can also be used as reference when writing a new one.
  • edited January 2016
    Hey Chris,

thanks for pointing that out. Actually, I think, I just need to add the normal or UV-map to the different sprites, as I add them to the player-, or NPC-char.

And I see, that the tint-function is probably, what I wanted :-)