Forum rules - please read before posting.

Suggestion: Conversation Cameras

In my 3D game I cut to the camera of the character speaking.
As of right now, this is it's own action which also can get kind of sort of tedious if you ever "forget" to add the camera-cut right away.

Would it be possible to have a camera switch integrated into the Dialogue: Splay Speech action?
I'd imagine it like this:
If it is empty, nothing happens, but if there is a camera, it'll cut to that camera first and then let's the character speak.

Also, is it possible to have something very similar to the "start conversation" action?
If a camera is in there, it switches to that camera for the dialogue choices (which could might be an addition in the dialog option properties of that one conversation?).

What do you think?

Cheers!

PS: I hope there isn't a method of doing it right now. I looked but found nothing of the sorts.

Comments

• Requests to merge the behaviour of common Actions puts AC in danger of getting "feature-creep", in which there become so many settings it becomes difficult to focus.

However, I do see the need to group certain tasks that might get called frequently - so for that reason, Action Parameters were created.  Action Parameters work just like function parameters, in that you can change the fields of Actions each time they're run - meaning you could have e.g. an ActionList asset that contains a Camera: Switch and a Dialogue: Start conversation Action, and set those fields dynamically each time you run it.

You can read a tutorial on how parameters can be used here.
  • This is actually exactly what I need for a lot of things coming up in the near future!
    Thank you for that, once again!