Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pause Gameplay issue

Hello!

I have a hotspot that calls the Interaction script. At the top I have set Actions Source: In Scene and When running: Pause Gameplay.

I then have a action that calls a Object: Send Message to a function that I debug out the gameState. It comes back as "Cutscene".

The issue I am having is that I have two menus that are set for Appear Type: During Gameplay and they are on when I need them off.

So my question, is there a way to "force" a Pause Gameplay or am I doing something incorrect so I can get the two menu items off.

I even added two actions before the Object: Send message to Turn Off Menu but they come on anyways.

Thanks!

Comments

• If you want to know the current gameState, you can just check Show active ActionLists in game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager - it'll then be displayed in the top-left corner while running.  The gameState will always be Cutscene while a gameplay-pausing ActionList is running.

Are you saying that Menus set to appear During Gameplay are appearing during a Cutscene, or that you want to disable them temporarily during gameplay?  You can do that by using the Menu: Change state Action to lock them - when a Menu is locked, it'll always be off regardless of it's Appear type.
  • Chris:

The "Menu: Change state Action to lock them - when a Menu is locked, it'll always be off regardless of it's Appear type." is what I was looking for. 

Thanks!