Forum rules - please read before posting.

Full Screen Effects on First Person

Hello everyone,

I'm currently adapting and adding scripts to my first person prefab in AC. I've managed the climbing stairs, the adaptation of the model to the bumps and such.

Now I wanted to use full screen effects like bloom, motion blur... in my player's camera. But since I need the first person camera to be unselected the effects don't start when playing. 

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• What cam are you putting em on?

GameCamera
    or 
    Main Camera

Im sure it might have to be main cam for the post process effects to work
  • I'm putting it on the First Person Camera, on the Player Prefab. Since when using it, the "camera" can't be ticked, it doesn't work. When I play the game, the MainCam will be automatically changed to the first person camera for player control.
  • Place them on the MainCamera, as @klarax suggests - the MainCamera will "copy" itself onto all other cameras in the scene, including the first-person one.
  • edited February 2016
    Thanks Chris, I'll try it then.

EDIT: Worked like a charm, thanks.
  • Decided to reopen this discussion as I'm having trouble accessing full screen effects with UFPS and AC.

Everything works great in the preview (of the AC Main Cam) and when playing, I'm having no full screen effects. Take a look at the screens and cameras.

Please help!imageimageimage
  • edited January 2017
    I'm guessing the error is from AC.

I've tried a blank AC project, First Person, with a First person created player. The MainCam copies itself to the player, but not its effects.

Don't know If it's a bug or If I'm doing something wrong, but never had a problem with it after realizing how to do it ( Main Cam With Effects > copies itself > FPS Cam).

When I try a blank project with fullscreen effects, with no AC, it works without any problems.
    AC latest version, Unity latest version.

• You are using UFPS, which means AC's MainCamera is only used when not in first-person.  In this case, you should be adding your effects to the UFPS camera.
  • Yes, I've tried that too. I'm getting random results now. Only bloom works, if I try other effects It disappears. I'm guessing UFPS is not working correctly then.