Forum rules - please read before posting.

Speech Text: Second line not fully visible

I'm just playing arround a bit with Speech and therefore I'm still using the sample Player.

After implementing a simple dialog on a "Look at" action, the second line of the dialog is only half visible, see screenshot. 

I tried to do the trick with a textplacement and assigning the gameobject to the "Speech menu placement child" but unfortunately, this didn't help. regardless where I place the text placement, the second line is always only half shown.

Any ideas why? 

Many thanks for your help!

Comments

• The speech placement child will only affect where the Menu itself appears - not the size of it.  You can adjust the size of a Menu in it's properties box in the Menu Manager - the default speech menu is named "Subtitles".

If it's set to Automatic then AC will try to resize it dynamically according to the text within it, however it's not always too reliable.  It's recommended to switch to the new Unity UI system and use UI canvases that link to AC's Menus.  You can do this easily for the default Subtitles menu by changing it's Source property from Adventure Creator to Unity Ui Prefab.
  • Again I am pleasantly surprised by your fast reply and help on this topic!

Many thanks for the great support, will try to go for Unity Ui Prefab in this case.