Forum rules - please read before posting.

MCQ Type discussion

Hi there,

New user of AC.  Love the tool and so far things are going well.

I am creating a simulation of what you might call a "sales pitch".  Not sure if I set this up correctly.  It is in a first person perspective.  During the cut scene, the player and NPC engage in a dialog.  At the end of this dialog, I want the player to be presented with 2 options.  These options are sort along the lines of an adventure book.  You pick the choice that you think is the best response.  If you pick the right one, you move on to the next discussion.  If you pick the wrong one, you get some text-based feedback and the scene restarts.

The goal is to listen to each discussion (there are 4) and between each one, make a choice from a selection of 2 options.  Each option is 2 to 3 sentences long.  I tried using a menu, but it didn't feel right, unless I messed up.

How do I best display those choices and then move on to the next discussion?

Comments

• Welcome to the forum @stvbwilliams!

You can use a conversation for this.  The "Conversation" system in AC is actually suitable for any kind of moment you want the player to choose an option from a list - it's just that conversations are the most common.

You can read a tutorial on how to create one here.  If you have more questions, please ask them in the Technical Q&A forum - this page is more for AC's development.
  • Thank you!

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.  I will be more careful.