Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dialogue getting stuck across scenes

When i have a dialogue loop playing, sometimes when i leave the scene the dialogue is still visible throughout the rest of the game in the next scene? stuck in the same place.

Anyway to stop this happening?

It is a loop of dialogue that is left playing from a radio turned on, it doesn't happen everytime however.

Comments

• Have you tried running Dialogue: Stop Speech?

Have it be the last thing to run before Engine: Change Scene.

I think that would stop the dialogue on the next level
  • All dialogue should be forced off when you change scene.  How is your dialogue being displayed?  Are you using Unity UI for your Subtutle menu's Source, or Adventure Creator?
  • Adventure Creator. just usual dialogue speech action
  • Is the ActionList that calls the dialogue still running, or is the Menu itself just showing?  Check this by ticking List active ActionLists in Game window? at the bottom of the Settings Manager.
  • Is there  anything I could write script wise or do  in unity that would force off or reset the stick text?  Maybe it’s a camera issue? Needs resetting? Once the game restarts (end game) it does disappear
  • In which AC/Unity versions are you now using?

Please answer my previous question - the option has since been named Show 'AC Status' box - enable it to see if the ActionList that is calling it is still running or not.

Please also answer @klarax's - have you tried using the Dialogue: Stop speech Action? before the scene change?

Let's see your Menu's properties.
  • UNITY 2018.1.6f1
    AC 1.63.1

Keeps happening whatever version of Unity or AC.

I have tried using stop speech, but it doesn't appear to be speech anymore, and is stuck, it changes to white, and stays in every scene. Other characters can still talk and their dialogue shows up in its correct colour, whilst the echo is still there. 

Please see Subtitles menu:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qaa5it0oy6uqzes/AADr3UgcB7vpr1UW7_q0_BX6a?dl=0
  • edited July 2018
    Does it occur if you uncheck Duplicate for each line? and/or Also show when paused?, and what do you mean by "changes to white"?  Let's see a screenshot of how it appears in-game.  Again, please also answer my previous question.
  • Hi,

I have no white dialogue text in my game, they are all different colours depending on the NPC. So when a dialogue is left on screen after changing scenes, it turns to white text. See screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dowpo6cja9eyk0/thumbnail_image1.png?dl=0

Am doing a test to see if unchecking your suggestions works
  • Both that and the Also show when paused? option, please.