Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Added] Remember visibility - no child affected

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi Chris,
I noticed that the cool function "Remember visibility" dont's works initially if the game object have some child. I have a chain with many rings as child. I would like to make it appear only after a specific event, so I put the script in the game object with the option Visible at start set to OFF.
But child are still visibles.
The workaround I found is to set in the initial cutscene the Object: visibility to off and checked affect children and it works.

It's possible to add the check box "Affect children" also in the script of initial visibility? It'll be more quickly and easy to set.

Tx in any case!
Bye

Comments

• Could you not just put a Remember: Visibility script on each child object?  It'd likely be more reliable than introducing such a function to the script - for instance, if you wanted one child to be on, while others to be off, it wouldn't know the difference.
  • My problem was that I have 3 chains with about 20 child each one (the rings). So 60 child object.
    But I can make it works with a small add in the initial cutscene where I set the Object: visibility to the main "father/mother" object to affect children.
    I ask this to make the operation faster, no problem Chris! ;)
  • Fair enough, I figured you'd come at me with a ridiculously large number ;)  Will look into it.
  • Yep, it's a very large family... LOL!
    No hurry Chris, I told you I found this workaround and for now it works.
    Thank'you.
  • No worries - in for 1.29
  • Super Chris! Tx bro! :D