Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disable the player during Cinema director cutscene + reactivate player after

I bought the cinema suite yesterday and started playing with it a little tonight. I got a cutscene to play with a hotspot/interaction so that seem to work fine. My problem though is that I want to disable my character during the cutscene and reactivate it when the cutscene is over because I want to control the animations etc of my player with Cinema suite. What is the best way to achieve this?

Comments

• If your Player's Animation engine is set to Custom, he will cease to be animated by AC at all (even if you don't supply a custom script name).  You can set this through script with the following command:

AC.KickStarter.player.SetAnimEngine (AnimationEngine.Custom);

If you don't want to involve scripting, you could alternatively hide the Player and replace with a similar model that you have total control over.
  • I tried Object/Visibility/Invisible but that did nothing because nothing happens when I put my player prefab in the "Object to affect" since AC creates a new instance of it when I play the scene?

What I´m after is pretty much a Player/disable when my cutscene runs and Player/enable when the cutscene is over. 
  • You can disable the player systems using the Engine: Change systems Action.  However, the standard animations will still play, because this will still be driven by the Animation engine - I've given you the steps needed to get around that.  Instead of hiding the player with visibilty, try moving him out of view with Object: Teleport.
  • Oh ok so the player/disable was under Engine: It works great now, Thanks!
  • Sorry for bumping an old thread - but are you sure that you set Object Visibilty to invisible and checked the box "affect children"?