Forum rules - please read before posting.

The new scene keep previous scene values

Hi AdventureCreator community! 
I'm new in town. Thanks for this great AdvCreator.

Here's my problem. I created a scene and I want to create the next one like this :
File -> New scene (CTRL+N)
AC game editor / Scene and I clicked "With folders" button.

The issues are when I've created new navmesh2D and Default sorting map.
I proceeded like this to create them:
AC game editor / Scene and I clicked NavMesh 2D button in navigation options.
And for the Default sorting map just by clicked the create button in Scene setting.

The issue : They are already set with my previous scene values. And if I modify them it change the previous scene too.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Hi @Robert, welcome to the forum.

The various logic objects (Sorting Map, NavMesh 2D) etc are all Unity prefabs - meaning they still have links to the original prefab files when placed in the scene.  This is so that any changes made to them as part of an AC update will also be applied to your scene objects.

However, you have to be sure that you don't make changes to the prefabs themselves - either by modifing the originals (in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs) or by clicking "Apply" at the top of any scene object's Inspector.  If you do, the changes you made to the scene object will be sent back to the prefab, and so will affect all other such objects throughout your game.  I suspect that may be what has happened.

In this case, you should re-import AC from the Asset Store, so that the prefabs are reverted to their original states.  You will likely have to make your changes to the scenes again, however.
  • Thanks Chris.

I know now where is my error. The "Apply" button...
    I reset the prefab and "Apply" it. And redone the last scene I made.

Take care!