Forum rules - please read before posting.

Precise 2D character movement - (Pivot point as the characters stopping point)

I've been setting up my 2D scene and everything works great.
Though I noticed that the 2D characters doesn't exactly stop (with their pivot point) on either the marker or my mouse cursor. I noticed this in the 2D demo as well.

Rather what seems to happen, that they stop once the first pixel crosses the border to the position they should move, they stop.
Is there anyway to tell AC that the pivot point shall be the point that needs to be on the exact position as the marker/cursor?
Or have I simply missed something obvious? (Wouldn't be the first time :D )

Comments

• edited March 2016
    It's actually something of a dark art to get pixel-perfect movement in Unity, as the character will never fall on the exact point you want him to (even if it's within 0.0001 units).

However, AC provides you with a Destination accuracy slider in the Settings Manager.  If you raise it all the way to 1, you'll have an option to enable the experimental "super-accuracy" mode.  Though it's more intended for 3D Mecanim-based characters, you may find that it does what you need.  For more on this topic, see Section 3.11 of the Manual.
  • That was actually exactly what I needed!
    Not only does the character stop at the right place, it solved a few pathfinding issues hat as well.

Thanks a lot!