Forum rules - please read before posting.

[bug] "Import all translations", "Export all translations"

edited March 2016 in Engine development
The [break] marker gets added when you use these. If you repeat Export and Import a couple of times, you'll see plenty of [break] added at the end of each row (last cell in a row).

I'm using windows 10. And after some digging it seems that, StringBuilder class in this environment encodes new lines as \r\n, but when you import the file you cut the lines based on \n, which gets you a lot of leftover \r, which when exporting gets turned into a bunch of [break]'s. And after a couple of repeats a bunch of extra line breaks appear.

Comments

• Thanks for the report - will investigate.
  • Hey, I recently updated. It seems that the bug got replaced. The additional [break]s don't appear, but by repeatedly importing and exporting a bunch of empty rows appear in .csv. I understand that it's difficult to solve this while working in a different environment. So I can post/pm you with my solution to this or test out your solutions.
  • I did fix a very similar-sounding issue a while back, in which translation errors would only occur upon repeated importing and exporting.  If you have some code to share, by all means PM it over, thanks.