Forum rules - please read before posting.

[Bug] ¿ Direct control jump bool locked on true

Hello,

Direct Touch control mecanim.

Jump bool Transitioning from idle and run into jump animation.

When in idle all works well when jumped.

When running ( mouse button down/ move up to make player run ) and jump, the bool Jump stays at true if the mouse button is held down to continue running with the player..

1. Is this a bug or purposely done so ?

2. How would i properly transition the player from idle walk run into jump and back ?

3. How can I change how high the player jumps ?

4. Any easy way of cool down on the jump or a custom script is the best approach ?

Thanks

Comments

• 1. This is a bug, and should be fixed in v1.51.

2. Assuming this isn't already covered by the fix of 1., this'll be down to how your wire up your Mecanim animations/transitions, rather than anything AC-related.

3. You can change the jump force in the Settings Manager.

4. Admittedly the jumping feature is quite basic, and not really comparable with a dedication motion-controller asset.  Custom motion controllers are quite simple to integrate with AC if you are familiar with basic scripting, however.
  • Wonderful, 

Thank you very much.

Looking forward to the update.
  • Direct Touch screen Choose Hotspot then interaction

1. With the new update my player's jump bool is always true when the player is moving. Is this a new bug? Or is there a different way of doing this now.

2. Excuse my ignorance but I've searched in the game editor setings as well as on the player script, I could not find the force of the jump, help?

Thanks.
  • 1. This is a new bug - I apologise.  I will include a fix as part of v1.51a.

2. The jump force is a global setting in the Settings Manager, not the Player inspector.
  • Could you be a little more specific please, I honestly cannot find the jump force.

Is there a global settings window that I need to open or just simply in the settings tab?
  • I've just realised it's not showing for you because you're using Touch Screen input.  Switch back to Mouse And Keyboard and it'll show under the Movement settings section in the Settings Manager, then switch back to Touch Screen.
  • That sure does it.

Is there a reason why I've got to switch over for this setting each time ?
  • As touch-screen doesn't have buttons, the "Jump" feature isn't really intended for use on mobiles.  The solution I gave is a workaround.
  • No problem, that works.

Thanks.