Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action List Bug

Just updated to AC 1.51, using Unity 5.3.2f1 

Some of my Action Lists are appearing blank (within the ActionList Editor, you can see the nodes sometimes but all of the actions are invisible) when I open a scene, and are continuously throwing the following error: 

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
AC.ActionListEditorWindow.NodesGUI (Boolean isAsset) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:924)
AC.ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:340)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

If I Play the game and then stop the game, the Action Lists return to normal. However, once you open the same scene again, the problem still occurs. 

Comments

• Looks like there's a bigger, related issue. I can't seem to connect any new nodes in any ActionLists now. When I go to connect a node all of the actions in the list start flashing on and off and the node won't connect to anything. Additionally I can't do anything else because it's still acting like I'm moving the node. This error gets thrown: 

ArgumentException: Getting control 1's position in a group with only 1 controls when doing Repaint
    Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:656)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutArea (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:297)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginArea (Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:340)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginArea (Rect screenRect, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:330)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.TopToolbarGUI (Boolean isAsset) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:370)
    AC.ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:322)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
  • v1.51 brings updates to some of the graphical assets as well as the scripts - in particular /Assets/AdventureCreator/Graphics/Skins/ACNodeSkin.guiskin.

Going by the error lines, it sounds like this asset file hasn't been updated in your project - be sure to re-import all the files from the update into your project.
  • Ah, glad it was a simple error on my end. Thanks, Chris!