Forum rules - please read before posting.

v1.51a Import issue with hotspots.

Hi!

I've been using Adventure creator for the last 2 months for getting my 2D game prototype together and things have gone rather smoothly.
Unfortunately with the most recent import, it seems like I can't get hotspots to work unless they have a box collider [as opposed to the box collider 2D or polygon collider].  Mouse overs do not seem to register the hotspots unless I revert to the box collider, that seems to be the new default prefab.
I was wondering if I was missing something or imported it wrong.  I tried creating a new project with just the AC package 1.51 and it seems like hotspots still need to use box colliders.

On that note, there were a few other smaller issues like my global variables and speech settings being reset, but I can definitely reinstate those easily.  

Regardless, having a lot of fun.
Cheers!

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @CaptainSputnik!

It sounds like your game's manager assets have been unset in favour of the demo game's - Hotspots will require a Box Collider as opposed to a Box Collider 2D if your game's Camera perpective is set to 3D (in the Settings Manager).  If your Managers have reverted to Demo_SettingsManager etc, that would also account for the changes in your global variables / speech settings.

After importing, be sure to re-assign your own managers by double-clicking the ManagerPackage file that was created when you used the New Game Wizard - it should be directly in your game's subfolder.  Also be sure to have a read of Section 1.6 of the Manual, which covers how to update AC.
  • Thank you for the warm welcome as well as helping correct the issue!
    I definitely should have double checked the manual since that would have saved me a good day or two of fiddling.  Regradless, future version updates should be very smooth [fingers crossed].

I look forward to posting more information about our demo to the forum community as we progress~