Forum rules - please read before posting.

File Size

Hey guys,

I wrapped up my first Adventure Creator experiment and had loads of fun. Trouble is, when I export the full game the file is 1,29 Gb. The game consists of about 5 rooms, full spoken dialogue, and 2D color images, but that still seems a bit much for me. Any tips on how I can get the file size down without compromising the quality too much?

Thanks in advance! Here's a few screengrabs:

Comments

• If you still have AC's two demo games present in your Assets folder, then they'll contribute to your game's final size.  The main contributor will be the 3D demo's speech lines, which can be found in /Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources.  Removing or renaming this folder will help, though it'll obviously stop the 3D demo from fully functioning.
  • I don't know if this should be here, but what exactly can I delete from the Adventure Creator Asset Folder that is not necessary?
  • Thanks
  • Are you using truecolor for textures/sprites?   That will make it huge.
    and so will sprite size.

• I had the same problem but I saw that if you uncheck "Generate Mip Maps" from your sprites (and animation sprites) and if you use sprites that are multiples of 4 pixels (for ex. your player has sprites of 200x400 pixels, not 201x403), Unity can compressed quite well. I used also Compressed format (not true color). In this way my last test went from 850 mb (first test) to 330 mb (3 scenes full hd + intro).

I hope this can help you. 
  • yes, make sure all textures are power of 2

32, 64, 128... etc

Vector gfx are good as they scale without bluring too ;)