Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC follow player Action doesn't work

I have had many such an Action and always worked. I have the Player (TinPot) and an NPC. They all work under AC 1.49 but not in 1.15 

Comments

• Please read the new forum rules before posting - there is not enough detail here to solve this issue.  A simple test on my end with Tin Pot and an NPC gives no problems, so we will need to see more about what you've done.
  • The difference is that in previous AC versions I did not have to 'bake' a Navigation ground surface to have the 'NPC follow Player' Action. It is easy when the ground surface is the GameObject 'plane' but in my case the ground was a package consisting of built cottages with no obvious ground but rather the whole building was one mesh.

Nevertheless I clicked at the whole 'cottage' itself and baked with Navigation  and now the NPC can follow the player inside the cottage.

BUT THIS STEP WAS NOT NECESARY IN AC VERSION BEFORE 1.5.

I have a second PC using AC 1.49 with the exact scene and there it works without baking.

• edited March 2016
    I'm sorry for your frustration.  But if there was no NavMesh, the NPC wouldn't be able to navigate around obstacles - which would be especially important if your floor has a complex shape.  This change was made in order to fix a navigation issue.  Now that you've baked the NavMesh, does this continue to be a problem?
  • Not anymore. Now that I know the routine it's OK.

Incidentally when I open this page Forum I get a top menu with a "Google Custom Search" which takes the space where there was the line with my login name and a red spot if I had an answer from you. Is this the way from now on?

• What browser are you viewing on?  Could you take a screenshot?  I thought I'd fixed that issue yesterday.
  • yeah i got that search issue - im on chrome. It covers the nav bar (discussions, activity, inbox) across the top. 

Its ok in IE  :))
  • Seems to work correctly in Chrome now ...
  • Yeah, for me too :)
  • I'm in Windows 10 and Explorer also in Microsoft Edge and still there

• sorry, the same
  • What version?  My tests in Edge don't show a problem.