Forum rules - please read before posting.

Touchscreen Cursor Issue

I've tried a combination of settings but can't seem to find a mode - if it's even available - that allows you to drag the cursor without the cursor jumping to the point on the screen where your finger is.

For example, it's difficult to see the hotspots because your finger's over it.

Let's say the cursor is on the left of the screen. It would be great if I could place my finger an inch or 2 away from it and drag it without it immediately appearing under my finger. In effect it would move exactly how I moved my finger.

Does this make sense?

If this is already a feature then could you please let me know how to activate it - Like I said, I looked around and changed settings but I can't seem to achieve this. 

Comments

• I see what you're getting at, but I'm not sure that's the best solution - it would make navigating eg menus more complicated.

Is it just Hotspots you having trouble with? You could try creating a Menu button set to call the FlashHotspots input axis, to see where they are.
  • I see, thanks, Chris.

ScummVM use it on their mobile system and it really doesn't affect the menus at all because they still work once the cursors over them as they would normally, regardless of where your finger is on the screen. It's just difficult to see exactly where the cursor is when your dragging your finger around the screen.

It really is a simple solution and is used, like I said by ScummVM, and also AGS's Android port too.

Would it be possible to include it in a future update? It really would be much appreciated.
  • I'll take a look - I wasn't aware that ScummVM or AGS on Android did this.  If that's the standard, I don't see why not.
  • Thanks Chris, much appreciated :)
  • edited November 2014
    [DELETED]