Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED]Help :( its about Tweeting ingame?

edited July 2014 in Technical Q&A
is it possible? to like have a button to tweet about your achievements in game? can you guide me through this? :( im not that good of a programmer,, alittle of your advice and tips and tutorials would help big time,, thank you guys for maintaining this great community :) if there are tuts of using other plugins you can teach me those too. thank you 

Comments

• This is a more Unity-based issue than one specific to AC - have a look on the official Unity forums first. Once you have a solution, then we can see about linking it to your AC project.
  • thanks Chris,,, i found out that there is a plugin,, its called unishare, its compatible with the standalone build im making, other unity plugins are for mobile only,, can you just help me? its component is a script that will be attatched to a camera, im thinking of two ways, here are my ideas:

first, i will create another camera that is not used in game, and i will create an extra button on the menu which only function will switch to that camera with the script attached,, and a back button to return to my gamecamera..

second, i will create a button that will toggle the activation of the script component,

can you teach me how to implement either of this? i think  the first one is easier? can you help me how on ac and is it possible? Thanks ;)
  • Well, I can't give support on using other assets, but so far as running it through AC, I would go for the second idea (assuming the button is an AC Menu Button).

Create a menu with a button, and set it's Click type to Custom Script.  Then, you can edit the MenuSystem.cs script file to insert your own code that calls the UniShare asset.  Inside the OnElementClick function, insert this code (and I'll assume your Menu is called "TweetMenu" and the button is called "TweetButton"):

if (_menu.title == "TweetMenu" && _element.title == "TweetButton")
    {
      // Start tweeting
    }

And from there, you can replace the "start tweeting" line with the code to actually call the separate asset (again, not something I can help with specifically).  Just be sure that, next time you download an update for AC, you don't overwrite your modified MenuSystem script by re-downloading it!
  • thank you :) it helped me alot,, i get it to work now, :) , godbless chris!