Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interactions causing problems.

edited April 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hi Guys

So strange question and it might be simple to solve. I have created my own custom interactions wheel, its a circle with various icons attached to the circular element. When you click on a hotspot the circle animates into view and various interactions, if available can be clicked.

Problem is, I am now making a new interaction graphic for doors. If you hover over a door hotspot I have a graphic that I want to display and not my interaction wheel. When I click on said hotspot now my circle element pops up and the door graphic, even though they are separate entities in my menu and icons in adventure creator.

My question is really this, can I create a new interaction icon for doors and not have my interaction wheel display?

I am not at my PC now to take screenshots  but thought I would take a stab at asking the question on here, If I have confused the hell out of you all I can better try explain my question when I am home. 

Comments

• If you simply want the door Hotspot to behave like you're in Context Sensitive (i.e. one-click interactions) mode, you can check Single 'Use' interaction? in the Hotspot's Inspector.

If instead you want something more complex (e.g. locking one Interaction Menu, and unlocking another), you can call a custom event whenever a Hotspot is hovered over.  Custom events are covered in this tutorial - the event you'll want to use is called OnHotspotSelect.
  • edited April 2016
    Thanks Chris, you are always here to help. Will have a gander this evening. I am currently using a form of the walking dead UI (but my own custom one). Problem I am having is the exit sign and my custom UI are coming up at the same time *LOL*  I am probably doing something stupid.

Will go through the tutorial and let you know
  • Chris, you sir are a legend!
    LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Reviews are always welcome!
  • Where do we do that? I think its well deserved!