Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor/Inspector options

Hi,

How do you only have an examine on an inventory object?

I have tried turning the use cursor icon to Examine, but this then just has two examines to choose from, if an object does not have a use function, I dont want it to appear. But am struggling to do this.

I have my cursor set to display both side by side, but should not this only work if interactions are available?

Thanks

Comments

• Is your Inventory interactions setting (in Settings Manager) set to Single or Multiple?

Simply defining an Examine interaction in the Inventory item's properties should be enough.  Have you set the correct "Examine cursor" in the Cursor Manager?  You really need to show more of what you've done when posting issues.
  • Hi,

Please see screenshots for further info:

I don't see Inventory Interactions in settings manager?

See screenshot with inventory object with no use action, yet still this has a use and examine cursor when mouse over in inventory
  • That's how it should be - you can still interact with it with a left-click, it's just that it'll cause the item to be selected rather than an Interaction to run.  However, I'll add "None" as a valid option to each item's Use cursor icon field.
  • Thanks Chris