Forum rules - please read before posting.

Old style, vertical inventory, with AC menus.

Hey, sorry to bother you guys again. And sorry for what may be an ignoramus question. But can we use old style "list" inventories with AC menus? I've kinda set up the inventory grid to look right, vertical and to show only text. but how would the scrolling through the items work? there's no scrollbar and for scrolling buttons I only see a pan left and pan right options, can I somehow use these to pan up and down too?

By the way, I mean sort of like these:

Comments

• edited May 2016
    Never mind, I see now that I can use the same buttons (but with and up and down arrows) to move up and down the list (although a scrollbar would still be nice to have). 

Anyways, now the only issue is that the player would need to press the interaction button to get the list to move, and I want the first and last item to trigger the shifting (by pressing up, if it's the first, or down if it's the last). Is there a way to script this? so that either: 1. when you reach the top or bottom items they activate the shifting automatically if you try to continue up or down. Or 2. have the shift up and down buttons react immediately when they're selected/highlighted?

PS: I'm using rewired so I'm not really sure how I would get just the negative or positive axis from an action. So, I'm not sure if I can pull off adding "alternative buttons", but I'll have ask... Still, option 1 would be the best, if it's possible.
  • A scrollbar can be used if you switch your Menu's Source to Unity UI.  The UI Scrollbar doesn't need to be linked to AC - just the Buttons that represent the item slots.

I don't quite get your meaning with the shifting.  You want the shift button to loop the list once you reach the end?  That is not currently possible.
  • edited May 2016
    Yeah, haven't you seen some game or app UIs where, when you reach the top or bottom item in the list, the list automatically scrolls up or down one step if you press the key again? maybe there will be an arrow at the bottom and top of the box that encloses the list which will light up when it happens, letting you know the list has been shifted. I thought that maybe there was a way to know when the selected item had reach the edges of the list. I also though of the possibility to fake the effect by giving the shift buttons alternative button input, that way they would always shift up or down when someone pressed the Up or Down keys, but I don't see how to assign negative or positive axis with Rewired... 

I really hoped to use AC's UI because I'm still not very good at using the UGUI, specially setting up transitions, which I must say are great in AC. Love the fade and pan effect ;)) and I had kinda hoped to keep it...

But anyways, I'm also still kinda trying to get the menu to appear on top of the characters, I've managed to get the menu over hotspots and all, but theres's the problem that the position isn't always accurate, the menus shift up or down depending on the camera angle or distance.