Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Filters in a 2D game.

Hey ;)

I'm making a 2D Cat Lady type game (I'm the developer of TCL btw), where player can move right/left only. I love the camera panning in and out upon walking onto triggers etc. and I've "almost" made the interface work for direct keyboard/controller (still learning but I am hopeful I can do it ;) ).

But I would love to use the asset package for camera effects and it doesn't seem to be working... I'm talking about this specific asset:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/18433

Is it because my cameras are 2d? I made a camera that's not AC 2D camera and while the its position wasn't right it seemed the effects applied were there. When I drag and drop the script onto AC camera the script gets added but to no effect at all.

Any ideas how to make it work?...

Thanks

-Rem

Comments

• edited May 2016
    To get camera effects to work, put the scripts on the Main Cam, not the 2dGameCam :)
  • That works! :) Thank you so much! :)

Never thought these effects would look so GOOD on a 2D game... Wow ;)

But I have another noob question... - How do I switch effects on and off? At first I thought I'd make another 2D camera and use Camera: switch to smoothly switch to camera with effects script applied to it. But with Main Camera I can't really do that...
  • You'll either have to write a script or custom action that enables/disables the effect, or - if the effect can be controlled through an inspector - control the exposed values in an animator controller and play them back using the Object: Animate Action.
  • I've figured out how to do it by writing a simple script (my first Unity script! lol ;).

The effect indeed can be animated for smooth transition but that seems harder to do... and I think I'm good for now ;) Thanks ;)