Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles minimum display time when skipped

I have skippable subtitles with a minimum display time of 1 second, and a Display time factor of 0.1. This works well in most cases, but sometimes I see players wanting to skip to the next dialogue line, but at the same time they click the next subtitle appears and is instantly skipped.

Is it possible to allow for skipping while also honouring the minimum display time? (ie you can't skip until 1 second is gone). 

Comments

• Not at the moment.  I'll have to consider it.
  • Another possibility would be to add a slight (user defined) pause between dialogue lines, so that two lines never appear cheek-to-cheek, so to speak. I know I could add a tiny wait action between lines, but that would mean a lot of manual work :)
  • That already exists: you can set a "Wait time offset" in the Speech Action itself.
  • I just tried this, this does not seem to work. It displays the subtitle immediately when the action is called regardless of Wait time offset. (I'm still on 1.51b, will try to upgrade tonight).
  • Note that the offset occurs after the speech has played - it sets the delay that the ActionList waits before moving onto the next Action.  But the next release will also include an option to set a minimum time that a subtitle must be displayed before it can be skipped.
  • Wonderful news! :)