Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action list connections are randomly reassigned

Hey!
So I have developed a project over the past few days and I have run into a problem again and again. At some points, the connections in Action Lists would be reassigned completely. It seems to happen when I change which Action is at the front of the list, but has also happened at other occasions if I recall correctly.

Look at this for example, where all connections should be clean and to the next Action. But there are new connections from the very end of the Action List to the very start. Some Actions are completely disconnected. One has been connected to itself. It's completely random.

What could be causing this?

Cheers
jensimage

Comments

• A serious issue.  In what version was this list made?  Is there some way you can recreate it at will, so that we can test a possible fix?
  • Hey Chris, thank you for your response. I'll check the version in a few days, as I am traveling until thursday and have no access to my computer. If it helps, the project was started two weeks ago, and I updated Adventure Creator before starting it. I'll get back to you with more info and maybe some testing when I get back home Thursday/Friday.
  • Alright, sorry for the late response. I am using version 1.51f here. Since I am using some of the custom menu functions I can't update because I'm affraid that will override my code (will it?)

I have been able to recreate the error. Look at this (yes, messy) action list here:

Now here's what I did after taking that screenshot:
    1) create new Action. It got ID 27. I checked, that was a free and valid ID. I set it to "Custom action" -> "Stop hero", but this should be unrelated to the issue because I only use this type of action once in all the game but the error occured multiple times.
    2) I moved the new action to the front. Then, I connected it to the old first action.
    3) I run the game. This seems to trigger the error. Now, my action list looks like this:

One thing I noticed is that the action at the start now has ID 0 and another action has ID 27. I guess this is where the error happens: the connections are not reassigned to the new IDs, right?

Thanks Chris, I hope this helps
  • I just checked using the screenshots. In the before shot, you can see action nr. 26, the "Engine: Wait" action with 0.5 secondsn being connected to action nr. 24. After the error occurs, this action now has nr. 27. I checked and scrolled up (a lot) and it is connected to another, completely unrelated action which now has nr. 24.
  • edited May 2016
    Thanks for the detailed info - what version of Unity was this in?
  • Hey Chris, I am using Unity 5.3.4f1
  • edited May 2016
    That appears to be a common link with other reported cases.  I will be looking into it closely, and will let you know if I need more info.
  • I've posted a potential workaround here.
  • Thanks Chris, this fixed it for me I think :-)