Forum rules - please read before posting.

Separate vertical and horizontal walk speeds in 2D

I've been doing some experimenting with 2D characters in AC, and it's not hard to grasp that "Walk Speed Scale" sets how fast the character will walk. In AGS, I remember that there is a setting which allowed a character's X walk speed to be separate to their Y walk speed, as the way a character moves away from the camera may appear slower than the horizontal movement.

I've done some digging around in the instructions, and I'm pretty sure the answer is "no" here, but I just wanted to confirm whether AC has any similar functionality for character movement? Or will I need to do some manual fiddling with the code to achieve something similar?

Comments

• There is indeed - you set the y speed as a fraction of the x speed, rather than defining something absolute.  Look for the Vertical movement factor slider in the Settings Manager to set this globally, or the equivalent in the Scene Manager to set this for a particular scene.