Forum rules - please read before posting.

Updated to 1.52, Players need to have Apply Root Motion turned off and IsKinematic turned on

edited June 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hello!

I just upgraded to 1.52 and I may have done something incorrect. My characters were working just fine in 1.51(x) and now I need to turn off Apply Root Motion and turn on IsKinematic. Otherwise the characters shake very bad.

I created a new scene just to verify it was the Player itself and not the scene. Using Unity Navigation in this example but also happens when Pathfinding method is set to  Mesh Collider

You can see a video of it where I also show my Player Settings for any advice.

Running Unity Pro 5.3.4 f1 on Windows 10

Thanks!

Comments

• I will try to recreate this myself, but when root motion is checked, the movement is left to Unity rather than AC - so it could be a Unity issue.  Do any warning messages appear in the Console?
  • No, no warning message appears. As I mentioned, it was working fine in 1.51(x) and all I did was upgrade.

Unless the update accidently turned Root Motion on but I really doubt that.
  • There's nothing I can think of in v1.52 that would affect it, but again - I'll try to reproduce on my and and will let you know.
  • I have a similar issue,

Will make a post once I test everything else out.

My movement is direct and once player fully turns it's as if it resets the walk / run so your left turning for example might be walking / running straight at that point.
  • @matrix211v1: I can't find any issue with root motion myself.  Check your model's import settings - does root motion run correctly in there?

Also try temporarily reverting your character's movement settings (walk speed, acceleration etc) to their default values, as well as disabling the "Slow movement near walls" feature.