Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC Game Editor optimisation

Would there be a possibility to optimize AC Game Editor, especially with inventory box. When you have Unity UI Prefab inventory box with 45 inventory slots the Unity Editor becomes unusably laggy. I tried to reduce strain by removing the button-esque background on the Recorded ConstantID number, but it didn't seem to help that much. Also the 45 slots when unlinked (no ConstantID reference), don't lag at all. And on the same note, could there be some improvements to inventory box (maybe generated slots from one prefab? link the box (as a parent into which the cloning should happen, have one instance of inventory slot, link the object to clone and link which part of that to-clone object is the button itself? Or something similar?)

Comments

• I can certainly look into it.  Specifically, you're talking about the Linked object buttons panel in the InventoryBox element's properties?

As for the linking: I agree that an automatic linking/creation of slot objects would be desirable, but too much automation would leave little room for creativity on the user part, and lots of room for display issues.  While it may be fiddly, the current system of manually assigning each slot is the still the best approach - though I appreciate 45 is a lot.

• Yep, "Linked object buttons" is the panel I was talking about.
  • edited August 2016
    In v1.53, which is now released, the resource-heavy ID checks are skipped while the game is running in the Editor.