Forum rules - please read before posting.

textbased speech and animation help

i have 2 questions about talking and animations based on dialogues

1. is there any way to use non latin phoneme like arabic or japanese and if answer is no then is there alternative way to use some simple open and close mouth method on those languages
2. how can i set time length for my character animate action for use on dialogues for example i have 1 min animation that i want to play only 10 sec of it on character animate action to be matched with my dialogue

Comments

• Are you referring to the automated lip-syncing feature?  Phonemes are grouped up using Unity's standard text box controls, so the only characters you can make use of are the ones that that GUI control accepts.  I don't know if non-roman characters work, but I suspect not.

You can, however, make use of custom events to run your own code snippets when characters begin and end speaking.  A tutorial on their usage can be found here.  The tutorial covers the use of the OnStartSpeech event, which is called whenever a speech begins.  A similar event named OnStopSpeech is also available.

If a voice file is present for the speech line, then the length of the audio clip will determine the duration for which the character is speaking.
  • yes AC lip-syncing feature
    tnx chris i will try that
  • Don't forget that you also have other lipsyncing options available - Sapi can be used to give automatic animation as well, and AC is also compatible with Rogo Digital's Lipsync asset.
  • my game has only text sub without sound i dont have any audio speech in my geme so still can i use thoes 3rd (sapi or rogo)?
  • Not Sapi, that requires an audio file.  Rogo is also intended for audio-based lipsyncing, though presumably you can manually place keyframes to an empty track - but that doesn't sound appropriate.
  • edited August 2016
    hi again chris i brought rogo lipsync pro
    i am installed and define it on AC but i don't know how should i use it for my purpose my exact question is how should i do to play clips when player and NPCs speech
  • Start by setting your LipSync method in the Speech Manager to Rogo Lip Sync.  Next, add "RogoLipSyncIsPresent" into your Scripting Define Symbols box (in Player Settings) as directed by the prompt that appears.

When game text is gathered in the Speech Manager, clicking on a speech line in it will reveal the filename that its associated Rogo Lipsync file should have, and where in a Resources folder it should be placed.
  • TNX chris
    now i have my lipsync and empty track worked well just like i need but now my subtitle texts not shown when player speech
  • this problem only happend whit main player not NPCs
    NPCs shown their texts fine but main player sub text not shown at all just lipsync work on it
  • Does player text show if you don't have an associated lipsync file to go with the speech line?  What are the properties of your game's Subtitle Menu?  We'll need as much detail as you can provide in order to help effectively.

Check that Subtitles are checked in the list of options at the bottom of the Settings Manager, and see if the Console is showing anything useful.
  • edited August 2016
    i solved it by removed empty audio clips from speech folder i dont know realy why this is happend but its enough for me because i dont have any audio speech on my game at all so now i have lip syncs without sound that is exactly what i want