Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using AC's Active Graphics with Unity's custom UI

I came across one of Unity's UI hiccups tonight. The "active graphic" I set up to highlight inventory items doesn't transition over to my customized Unity UI. 

In Unity's button inspector, there's a sprite swap function I could probably use to program the highlighting of objects manually, but I'm not sure how to go about doing this in conjunction with AC. Is there already a workaround for getting active inventory to work with the custom UI?

Comments

• You're intending for this graphic to show when hovering over the item, or when it's selected?

Currently AC won't change the "hover" graphic in a UI.  This may be something I can address, or it may require a custom script - basically a script that is attached to the UI Button and looks at the "normal" Sprite, and sets the Highlighted Sprite dynamically.
  • The hovering sprite, yes. If AC doesn't have a workaround for it yet, I can try a script for now.
  • Maybe I was wrong?  I've just tried this myself with the Demo game.  The "prop sword" item shows its active graphic when you hover over it when the Inventory makes use of Unity UI - though you have to check Show Active FX when Cursor hovers over Item in Menu? in the Settings Manager.  Did you enable this?
  • Oh, my gosh, that's it. I had the wrong toggle on. *face palm*

All right, false alarm! Thanks for looking into it, Chris.