Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change Dialog Text Sorting Layer?

Hey there,

I'm trying to use a custom cursor in my game that functions with a graphic that follows the mouse (mostly due to some extra functionality I get from it). Only problem I face is that the cursor is hidden behind the dialog text and the conversation text choices. Is there anyway to either manage the dialog text sorting layer or to put the cursor on a layer above the dialog text? Thank you!

Comments

• How are you drawing the graphic, and what have you set the Source field to in your dialogue / conversation Menus?

If you're using Adventure Creator, then the Menus will be drawn with OnGUI calls, so if you are doing the same for your cursor graphic you will have to set the GUI.depth higher than the GUI depth field at the top of the Menu Manager.

If you're using Unity Ui Prefab or Unity Ui In Scene, then the Menus will rely on the render settings within their Canvas prefabs.
  • Thanks Chris, I'll try that. I had it set to Adventure Creator and was mostly using an on-screen sprite for the cursor. I'll play around with it based on your notes.