Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC.MenuCycle does not work properly or I'm doing something wrong?

edited August 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hello!

First of all I want to apologize for my bad English - I use online translator. I sincerely hope that it doesn't hurt to explain what the problem is. 

I can't create a properly working element AC.MenuCycle. Looks like when an item is created in the Unity editor, its size is calculated incorrectly. To reproduce this issue in the demo project "Demo" you can simple add in "Options" menu new item MenuCycle. Even if you set all it's params same as the menu item "LanguageCycle", the new element does not work properly - does not highlighting, it's size is determined incorrectly, and so on... But if you create a copy of the item "LanguageCycle" with Unity editor, then it (copy) works correctly.

Is it really issue or I'm doing something wrong? Please help me to solve this quest [-O<
I use AC 1.53b and Unity 5.3.5f1 Personal, if it matters...

Thank you! 

Comments

• Thank you for posting, @flyhog, that's an excellent explanation.  I have recreated the issue and will fix it for v1.53d.  I'm afraid I have just submitted v1.53c, so we will have to wait for that to be released before I can do so - however it should not take long.
  • Problem found - again, I'll include this in the v1.53d update, but in the meantime you can correct it manually:

1. Open MenuCycle.cs, and find the RecalculateSize function (around line 491)
    2. Insert the following at the end, so that it ends with:
    base.RecalculateSize (source);
    }

(Those last two lines will be there already, it's the line above you need to insert)

• Thank you, Chris. Now it works properly!