Forum rules - please read before posting.

Request: Player CanMove - Player "destination" - Player Run Walk

edited July 2014 in Engine development
Hello,

I would really need an option to either do this through script or action list? normally I use playmaker and would like to tell AC when the player CanMove, I'm currently using the new walking system that I requested on Untiy's forums that you created for us, thanks for what.

The other thing I would need to do is for example the player dies now I want to set CanMove to false and let the player "float" dependent on where it was perhaps in air so leave it floating.... and then teleport the player back to the beginning of the level, but also to make sure the "player destination" now is cleared, I'd need an option for that or if you could tell me how to simply put the new destination of the new walking system to wherever the player teleported to the new level. (There are other effects in my game, for example the player gets sucked in from a mini black hole, when the player is near the black hole it can no longer walk, the black hole then moves the player around and sucks it in, so I cannot have AC interfere with the effects temporarily till spawned back to level)

I'd also like to force players whether they can only Walk, or only Run. and would like to know how to manually through script be able to change the walk treshhold and the run treshhold.

Also with the new movement system if you could add the option to not only walk to destination while button or touch is behind held, but to also move towards the touch/click point target as well.

Thank you for your wonderful work !

Comments

• As I've said in my reply to your post on the Unity forum, the Player: Constrain Action is used to lock/unlock player movement, but is not yet supported (though soon will be) by Straight To Cursor movement.  With that Action, you can also constrain a player to only walk or run.

However, if you're dealing with "effects" such as black holes etc., it may be that even with such movement that AC isn't inherently right for your project - this is for adventure games, after all.

• Alright I will wait for the update to Lock/Unlock player, in the meantime I'll create everything I need and see if anything else is constraining me... 

This is part Adventure game that is why I'm really appreciating your asset, the problem is not only is it Adventure its also puzzle, arcade etc. It's a mix combination of a few things thus it seems so complex :)

and the movement with AC is really okay because it still gets affected by gravity therefore the black hole will manipulate the player's gravity pull/push, or even simpler I just iTween it towards the black hole, thats the reason I need to remove player's controls.

With your amazing support and my patience something amazing will be born :)

thanks again !

Please be patient with my newbie questions and eventually I'll get the hang of it & try to contribute.

I really respect the great support you have been providing thus far, simply amazing.