Forum rules - please read before posting.

Play across scenes? checkbox where is it

I read in your manual the above statement but I can't find it. I definitely want to stop the present music when I switch scenes

Comments

• As far as I know that's an action, not a general setting. When you are about to change a scene, you use Sound: Play music action and then select either to stop the current track or crossfade to another track. Though, personally I mostly just stop the current track and start playing a new one in the next scene.
  • Yes, that's what I did, thank you.
  • Since this is my first experience with AC's sounds, is there a cheap (free?) sound package anywhere that in your experience you would recommend? I am looking for a background music, some typical sounds (ringing, yelling, people, etc. )
  • edited September 2016
    You got me there. As I'm a student composer I can make my own music. But Sfx are still a problem, I've checked a few sfx packages in the asset store but most are really geared towards regular games. Universal sFx does seem to have a lot of useful sounds, but I can't say it's cheap. One the brighter side there's a lot of free stuff in the asset store you can gather and check if it works, but you'll probably want to browse the store or the net for a while to get exactly what you need...

The asset store does have a lot of music packs. Some free ones too if I recall
    (they're usually samples though, but work).
  • indeed I found some and used some.
  • I have experienced the following: I play a sound with Action: Play, action Play a Sound Object, say 'ringing'  then after certain conditions I want to stop the play and do this Action Play,Sound Object 'ringing, and Sound Action Stop.

It does not stop unless you have a long delay after the Stop Play action it could be a long Dialog or an Engine wait 4 seconds otherwise the sound never stops.

Is this the way to do it?

(of course if you have the Action list with When Running : Pause game it will work too but most of time this would defeat the purpose in the scene)

• If you have a sequence of Actions that don't seem to work as intended, please post a screenshot of them so that they can be recreated for testing.
  • simply the thing works if I have the Action on a Pause Game or if I have a longer Action just after the Play. Not worth it to dig into it.