Forum rules - please read before posting.

User input during non-skippable cutscene causes cutscene to start over

Hello,

As requested, starting a new thread to report possible bug where pressing to skip cutscene during a non-skippable cutscene causes it to start over.

I tried binding the skip cutscene input to a different key but it doesn't make any difference.

I've set up a simple hotspot that when interacted with, plays a certain series of action lists.

Not sure exactly which screenshots you need, but let me know if below is not enough:

I don't believe all of the above is necessary to recreate it as I'm pretty sure I observed the issue long before the action list got so long. As soon as you hit to skip cutscene it just loops back and starts over.

Cheers,

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Thank you.  I'm assuming the input button you're speaking of is "EndCutscene", correct?

What are the properties of this Cutscene, and what version of AC are you using?
  • Hi Chris,

Yes "EndCutscene" is what I'm referring to.

Using version 1.53d of AC, and properties of the cutscene are:

Actions Source: In Scene
    When Running: Pause Gameplay
    Is skippable: unchecked
    Start Delay (s): 0
    Auto save after: uncecked
    Use parameters?: unchecked
  • Unfortunately I cannot recreate this - placing a Hotspot in a scene and pressing "EndCutscene" while the non-skippable Interaction plays produces no result.

Does this occur if you try in a fresh scene, while the 3D Demo game's Managers are assigned?
  • I forgot to mention all of this is taking place in 2d mode - sorry completely forgot to mention that.

Would that affect the recreation you attempted?

Du you still want me to test with the 3d demo?
  • Shouldn't affect anything - yes please, try it still.  Use the 3D Demo's Managers, but a fresh scene - that's what I did, and we ought to be working with the same settings.
  • Ok, I will give it a go over the weekend and see can I recreate the issue - will keep you posted.