Forum rules - please read before posting.

Images for inventory slots are working not correctly

edited September 2016 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

I have 2 issues with my Unity IU inventory slots.

1) Images for inventory slots are not displayed in game mode.

2) Highlighted sprite overlaps inventory item when you hover cursor.
The main idea that highlighted sprite should be displayed behind inventory item but not overlap them.

My UI & canvas settings:

Can somebody help me to resolve this issues?
Thanks a lot!

Unity 5.4.0f3
AC 1.53d

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @averkin.

1) Have you set the InventoryBox element's Max number of slots slider (in the Menu Manager) to be greater than 4?  And are the ID numbers of the non-visible buttons properly assigned in the Linked button objects section?

To work out whether this is an issue with Unity UI or with the Menu's properties, temporarily switch the Source field back to Adventure Creator - do the other slots then show as intended?

2) Don't assign the Button component's Highlighted Sprite field manually - instead assign an Active graphic in the Inventory item's properties within the Inventory Manager.  The "Inventory settings" in the Settings Manager can let you define when this is shown.  Alternatively, you could try creating a second set of buttons underneath the inventory ones, with the Highlighted Sprite assigned but no click handlers.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for answer.
    For the first question I mean not about inventory items. I mean that background images (circles) not displayed in game mode. 
    This images I set like source image for each slot button in canvas editor on Image (script) component.

Yes I set Max number of slots slider to 10 and temporarily switch the Source field back to Adventure Creator - but images are not displayed.

For question 2. I'll try do that you suggested.

• If those circles go underneath the items, you probably want to have them as separate, non-interactive images that sit underneath the buttons that represent inventory items.  If so, make sure they don't have Constant ID components as AC will not directly manipulate them.
  • Thank you Chris  :)>-
    I will try this trick.

Cheers,