Forum rules - please read before posting.

Oculus Rift

All,
I am a indie developer (just me) working on a title for the Oculus Rift. I really do enjoy the Adventure Creator and really feel it has a ton to offer developers. I am having some issues with head tracking and (a) some of you may have already worked through (b) may be interested in brainstorming (c) just offer some different avenues to explore.

I am using head tracking for interactions. I have a "working perfect" player object that moves correctly with the head tracking. I have created a reticle object whose position is set by the "center eye". That is working awesome as well. The problem I am having is having the reticle trigger the hotspots. I cannot get the system to understand that the reticle has collided with a hotspot collider.

I have tried using the InputMousePositionDelgate (no go)
Have hacked into the PlayerInput class to blunt force the position of the mouse to be the position of the collider (no go)
Use the PlayerInteraction class to determine if a hotspot is present (no go)

Now I am creating a sphere collider and setting to player vicinity to see if I can get that to work (no go) <-- still working on this one...because I feel I am very close. The ridgebody with no gravity is not working well.

Any advice or code example you would share? Anyone want team up to tackle the Oculus? My touch controllers should be here this week so things may change in a couple of days.

Cheers

Comments

• I think that I am WAY over thinking this.
  • Why was using the InputMousePositionDelegate a no-go?  The included World Space Cursor Example is intended to show how the position hotspot-selecting cursor can be overriden with a scene object's world position.

If you intend to pursue the Player Vicinity avenue, try making your Rigidbody kinematic.