Forum rules - please read before posting.

2 interaction menu questions

1. I've got a menu that pops open on a hotspot click, and it stays at the hotspot. Inside the menu is a label "Look at Door". When you move the mouse over the table without closing the menu the label changes to "Look at Table" even though the menu is still on the Door. (And when you click the Look button it looks at the Door).
Is there a way to handle this in AC?

2. Is it possible to have duplicate interaction menus, just like with duplicate Subtitles for each speech? I've got a custom menu with an appear and dissappear animation. But it has dissapear at the Door before it can appear at the Table. I'd like it to appear at the Table WHILE it's dissappearing at the Door.

I hope I explained it well enough. Perhaps the game illustrates both problems better: http://lukaskrepel.nl/game/

Any suggestions?

Lukas

Comments

• Which version of AC are you using?  If not the latest, be sure to update.

1. I'm not sure what you're wanting to happen - for the Menu to close when you no longer mouse over the Hotspot?  In your Settings Manager, you can try setting the Close Interactions when option to Cursor Leaves Menu Or Hotspot.

2. Not currently, though I will see if that's technically possible as a new feature.  Due to the complexity of the Interaction system, however, I'm afraid I cannot promise it.
  • 1. Hmmm, I'll try your suggestion for closing the menu.

2. Allright, thanks! I'll try to design differently then.