Forum rules - please read before posting.

Translation Issue with Missing Characters

2»

Comments

• The link has the CSV file but not the Managers - I need these to get a clearer picture of the problem.

For Japanese, are you using a custom Font asset? Include that along with your Menu Manager as well, if so.

My bad. I added 2 images of the "Settings" and "Speech" Managers. You can use the same link I sent you in PM.

Nope, I'm using the default in Unity (or AC) I believe. Could the font from the CSV file influence AC when importing somehow?

In the video you sent, you delete the PlayerPrefs inside the UnityEditor section of the Registry - this'll reset the Editor values, but not the build. These are stored separately - see the "Standalong player storage location" section of the link above.

Ok, I will look into it. Thanks a lot!

• I added 2 images of the "Settings" and "Speech" Managers.

Thanks. Could you also share the speech line entry for a typical line that has an issue?

Could the font from the CSV file influence AC when importing somehow?

No, but it will affect the display of text in-game. You will need to use a font that supports all characters involved - I don't believe this'd be true of the default AC font.

If your Menus have their Source set to Adventure Creator, you can clear your Font properties in their Elements to revert to Unity's default font. If they instead use Unity UI, you can set the fonts used via the Text component in their respective UI prefabs.

If you do rely on Unity UI (or switch to it if you don't), you should be able to pause Unity at the point the missing-text issue occurs, navigate to the relevant Text component in your Hierarchy, and check its Inspector to see what text is inside its Text field. Is nothing shown, or is it a case of being displayed there but not in-game?