Forum rules - please read before posting.

Running Actionlist before Loading a saved game

Hi,

I'm trying to run a camera Fade Out Actionlist before a saved game loads. I have a Saveslist menu with the List type set to Load. I want to retain the "Load when Click on" behavior, but have an actionlist that fades the camera out before it loads a save. Is this possible?

I know if I uncheck the Load when Click on option I can run an "Actionlist when click" but it seems the options in the Save or Load action limits me to loading an Autosave or a Slot Index that I choose. Rather, I want it to load a slot the player chooses from the Saveslist.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Thank you for your time,
Jason

Comments

• Unchecking Load when click will be the way to go, because otherwise the load will be instantaneous.  Though the Save: Save or load Action limits you to load by a slot index, you can set that slot index dynamically using parameters.

Create an Integer parameter inside your ActionList when click, and you'll be able to select it in the SavesList properties box in the Menu Manager.  The slot the user clicked on will then be passed to the integer parameter, which you can then use to override the Slot index value in the Save: Save or Load Action.

This trick is also used in the save game labels tutorial, so you may want to go over that if the concept is a little tricky.
  • That worked! Thanks, Chris.