Forum rules - please read before posting.

Making my own animation while following the tutorial, unable to do

So I've been watching the the tutorial and making mistakes and finding solution and they did not show the animation part and my head actually hurts, I can't figure out how. I am able to play the animation and put the animations in the animation controller but when I go to the animator, it is blank(the player sprites are from the same sprite sheet), I'd love to know how the animation part is done (after splicing the sheets and creating the individual animations)  like am I supposed to put it in a field (other than the one mentioned in the tutorial) or maybe I've been splicing and creating it wrong like I'm supposed to tag in the inspector, I really don't know...
Please help me...!

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Without knowing any detail or seeing what you've got in your project, it's not really possible to tell you what you've done wrong.  Please post screenshots to show the issue, and we will be able to help.

If you're having trouble creating animations in the first place, refer to Unity's own documentation and tutorial videos - AC is used to manipulate them once they exist.
  • And the character's Inspector?  The more detail you can give, the easier this will be.

AC's "Sprites Unity" animation engine works by playing animations by name - taking a state like "Talk" or "Walk" and adding on a directional suffix like "_R" or "_D" for right/down, so the animations needed in there must take the form e.g. Talk_R, Walk_D, etc.

This is covered in the video tutorial, but also outlined in this text tutorial and the Manual's Section 3.6.  You can also click List expected animations? in your Player's Inspector see a list of animations that your Animator is expected to have, based on the choices you've made in the panel above.
  • Thank you! I'll try renaming it and also here is a screenshot and what should I do to make it like shown on the tutorial? (I just dragged 3 spliced sprites to the animator because I can't drag animations to it?) @chrisicebox

• imageimage

also here is inspector
  • Sprites are dragged into the Animation window to create Animation clips, and then those Animation clips are needed in the Animator window - though that should be automatic.  Your animation window is giving an error about a missing Sprite, which may be caused by your renaming of your "Sprite child" GameObject.

The actual creation of animations for your game isn't specific to AC.  It's on Unity's side of things, and you can see Unity's own animation tutorials here (as well as many others on Youtube etc).  Once you have those animations created and in your Animator window, you can then enter their names into AC's Player component.  The current naming convention, for your character, is "idle_D" for down, "idle_DR" for down-right, and so on.  Again, you can click on "List expected animations?" to see the full list of animation names AC will be looking for.