Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitle Toggle

Quick check for understanding.

I am using the speech manager to manage subtitles and audio. I would like for the user to select if they want to see the subtitles by using the subtitle options. The subtitle option does not appear to be updating the Scene: Options : Show subtitles. If the Scene: Options : Show subtitles is checked then the subtitles show great. If it is unchecked then they do not show. If this option is not updated by the OptionUI: Subtitle Toggle...what is the correct way to get this to function?

Comments

• What do you mean "Scene: Options: Show subtitles"?  The Scene Manager has no such field - are you referring to the Show subtitles option in the Settings Manager?

The option in the Settings Manager is used to set the default value, i.e. when your game is run on a system for the first time.  Leaving it checked will mean subtitles are on by default for new users.

The subtitles option given to the user need not be in the Options Menu, just a Toggle element with its "Toggle type" set to "Subtitles".  Are you saying clicking this option in your UI does nothing?  Check that its Toggle type is correct in the Menu Manager.