Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC with Panoply / 3rd party integration

Hi
Has anyone ever used AC with Panoply? https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/58506 
It looks really cool for cutscenes, and even during dialogue.

I am curious to know if it's a good addition, or more trouble that it's worth trying to get the two to play nice.

Comments

• edited November 2016
    Wow, that asset looks really cool! It does seem to have custom events too, which could be a start for an integration, I would have loved to fiddle with it and AC... But, um, it's expensive and I'm broke, lol (inflation and general economy in the country where I live is different, saving that much takes a while)... but I'll keep an eye on the asset, thanks for making me aware of it! If I ever get the money to spare I'll try and get a copy.

Anyway, maybe someone else in the forums has the asset and can give you more of an insight?
  • Hi Alverik, glad you think it looks cool too :)

Since I posted the question I got an email response from the developer of Panoply:

"The two areas I would imagine could have conflicts would be camera management and captions. Given that AC integrates with a camera-controlling asset like Cinema Director it’s possible the two could work together, but you’d have to test it to be sure."

He also said I could have a refund if I bought it and it didn't work together within a month; just not sure if I have the skills to get the two working together within a month if nobody else out there is using it  :-/

Something for me to sleep on I guess!
  • The Cinema Director integration is handled via the ThirdParty: Cinema Director Action.  The AC Camera is disabled manually by calling KickStarter.mainCamera.Disable () in the action's Run() function.

Though I haven't used Panoply myself, I expect that a custom Action could be written to do basically the same thing with that asset as well.  If you're experienced with coding, have a look at the tutorial and then open the ActionCinemaDirector.cs Action script, which is relatively simple - and a duplicate of which (renamed properly following the steps in the tutorial), should be modifiable to trigger Panoply cutscenes instead of CD ones.