Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to get the orange arrow at animation window to disappear?

In all the tutorials there isn't an orange arrow so how do I get rid of it as the only animation that will play when the game is running is the one with orange box.

Comments

• imagealso i forgot to say how to get this yellow circle cross to disappear as that seems to be the pivot point and it is too low (the pivot point in the sprite editor is not that low)image
  • TITLE FAIL I MEAN ANIMATOR WINDOW SORRYY
  • edited November 2016
    Umm.... you really should take a look at unity's or any youtuber's tutorials on mecanim and animation, as that's a part of unity's basics...

Basically, the orange arrow is the Default Animation State that will be played by the animator. This is played automatically when a scene loads. As far as I know, the default state cannot be deleted (see here). All you can do is change the target (right click a state and click Set Layer as Default State). Usually you'd set the Default state to your idle animation. Then during play you can transition to other animations. 

You can then run the animations using AC's actions, but be mindful that if the animations are not properly wired you may end up with a stuck looking character, I say this, because I notice you don't have any transitions in your animator window, if you order AC to play a run or walk animation and these don't transition back to the idle animation, the animations will just stop at the last frame, looking stuck. Again, even if you will make games using AC, it's fundamental that you go through the unity tutorials, Unity has it's own video tutorials and there's also tons of video series in youtube you can check. 

About the pivot in your sprite I can't really say, except for UI animation, I don't do 2D much (mecanim is universal for both 2D and 3D though), so better wait for someone with more 2D experience to answer that one.
  • Apparently i just had to capitalise the direction lol!
    Also now the animation controller field keep changing to none, when i press play, it would disappear, when i press play and drag it to the field it would work and when i press pause it would change back to none, anyone know how to keep the animation controller in that field throughout the whole game?
  • Never mind now the above problem is not a problem anymore  :P

now I'm trying to find out how to get the yellow circle cross to disappear still

• That's just a Scene window gizmo - it doesn't appear in your Game window unless "Gizmos" is selected at the top, and never in builds.