Forum rules - please read before posting.

Assigning keys to different interaction buttons

Hello!

Is there a simple way I've overlooked in giving interaction buttons (Use, Look at, Talk) their own key, like mapping them to a xbox 360 A,B,Y,X?  This would be with Direct input and keyboard or controller only.

I got my game working cool with Select interactions set on Cycling Menu and Clicking Hotspots, and I can cycle through the 3 available interactions with CycleInteractionsLeft and Right, and then execute the chosen, but it would be sweet to have them all ready to go with a press of a unique button! Any ideas if there is something already in there or how to proceed in maybe creating a custom script for this? 

Comments

• Button and Interaction elements created in the Menu Manager can be invoked via an Alternative input button, which you can define in their properties box.  Set this to the name of an Input listed in Unity's Input Manager, and pressing that input's button will cause that menu element to work as though it was clicked with the cursor.

You may have to set your Select interactions by setting to Clicking Menu, however.
  • Woah, once again I'm blown away! I did give that a try but somehow my combinations of Interaction methods and whatnots didn't approve, but after changing to Clicking Menu and See Interactions with Cursor Over Hotspot and Close interactions with Cursor Leaves Menu or Hotspot it's working as intented!

Thanks for the quick answer!