Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot Positioning

Sometimes, when creating a hotspot, I see a tick box to position the hotspot over selected mesh, which works well, especially for covering awkward object shapes. However, sometimes the option does not appear when I am creating a new hotspot, and the cube shaped hotspot appears somewhere else. How can I make sure I always get the option to position the hotspot over the selected mesh?

Comments

• The option appears when you have a mesh renderer or sprite selected in the Hierarchy.  If not, the new Hotspot will be placed at the scene's origin.

You can also create Hotspots in your scene by adding the "Hotspot" component to a collider object, or by dragging in the "Hotspot" prefab manually from /Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Logic.
  • I do select a mesh renderer in the hierarchy before creating a hotspot but that doesn't seem to automatically bring up the option to position the hotspot over the selected mesh. In fact the box for naming and creating hotspots seems to be always open and unchanging. Do I need to close that somehow, to refresh it? If so, how?
  • What version of Unity are you using?  AC performs a simple check to see if the selected hierarchy item contains a Renderer component (MeshRenderer is a subclass of this).

The "Create a new prefab" box appears after selecting one from the list beneath it.  Clicking other prefab types will change what prefab you can create - refreshing isn't necessary.